Chocolate Hazelnut Truffle Cake
A gluten-free delicious concoction!
250 gChocolate (at least 58% cocoa)
140 gButter (Diced)
125 gCaster Sugar
60 mlVery Strong Coffee Cold
- Toast hazelnuts for 1 - 2 mins under a hot grill and cool.
- Blend in a food processor for 30 seconds until finely ground.
- Put chocolate, butter, sugar and coffee into a heavy bottomed saucepan and melt over a low heat until everything is melted and well combined.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stir in egg yolks and ground hazelnuts.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form, fold half into mixture, then fold in the remainder.
- Spoon into a lined tin and bake for 1 hour until firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool in tin before removing.